Directions to Hornet Services Sailing Club
REME Sailing Club boats are now based in Hornet Services Sailing Club, Gosport.
This route card starts from Junction 11 of the M27.
- Leave the M27 at Junction 11 and follow the signs to FAREHAM. This is a three-lane road, stay in the middle lane. After a few hundred yards, the left hand lane filters off, but just keep going in the (now) left hand lane. Beware, there is a 40 mph speed limit half way down this road.
- Stay in this lane and filter left under the viaduct following the signs to GOSPORT. Again beware, there is a 30 limit just before the viaduct.
- You go past a small harbour and straight on at the mini roundabout. Once past the roundabout, stay in the LEFT hand lane. Just past the Esso garage the lane bears off to the left, signposted GOSPORT. Just follow the lane.
- The road takes you past the Hoeford Inn on the left hand side, the Vector Aerospace helicopter yard again on the left and then the Frater armaments depot. Your next landmark is Fort Brockhurst, again on the left hand side. By Fort Brockhurst is a double roundabout. Just go straight ahead.
- Keep going, you will go past Kwik Fit on your left hand side, across the traffic lights, past St. Vincent College on your left hand side, just keep going. You will shortly see Gosport Bus Station on your left hand side as the road bends round to the right.
- Take the second left into Haslar Road and over Haslar Bridge.
- After the bridge turn immediately left into the Joint Services Adventure Sailing Training Centre. Gate staff will direct you from there.
- If you get to Royal Navy Submarine Museum you've gone too far.
This page was last updated on 10 Jul 2023
© Stellwagen Web Design 2013 - 2023.
Copyright & Legal